| Plantaze Lozova Rakija Montenegro 1.0Lt|
Serbia - Montenegro
Caramelised brown sugar adds a distinctive sweetness to Wayne Collins's smooth and luxurious cocktail
* Servings: 1
* Level of difficulty: Intermediate
* Preparation Time: 10 minutes
* 100ml double cream
* 1 tsp vanilla syrup
* 2 brown sugar cubes
* 25ml over-proof rum
* 100ml Cognac
* freshly grated nutmeg
* brandy snap
1. Pour the double cream and vanilla syrup into a warmed brandy balloon glass.
2. Place the sugar cubes in a spoon, pour over the rum and ignite, so that the sugar caramelises.
3. Add the Cognac to the cream mixture.
4. Mix the freshly caramelised sugar into the cream mixture.
5. Dust with nutmeg, garnish with a brandy snap and serve.
-by Wayne Collins from Good Food Bites
Brandy is made by distilling fermented mash of fresh or dried fruits including wines to less than 95% alcohol. Just like whisky, brandy is aged for in Oak barrels. A brandy aged for less than two years is called "immature". Cordials and liqueurs are made like "Gin". The distilled spirits are re-distilled over fruits, flowers, herbs.
|Sign Up For Exclusive Offers|
Special member discounts, advance notice on wines and special events.